General Patient Questions
SureSmile® can also help you plan lingual and labial bracket cases, including custom archwire and IBD designs. It’s not uncommon to use a hybrid treatment that eventually leads to treatment with SureSmile® clear aligners.
SureSmile® clear aligners can be a great way for adults to straighten their teeth with a virtually invisible option.
From simple teeth-straightening issues to complex, and maybe even bite issues, SureSmile® might be your best option when it comes to treatment with clear aligners.
SureSmile® may be used alone or in combination to straighten and fix:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Slight winged or crooked teeth
SureSmile® invisible aligners provide gentle force over time to move your teeth. Typically, you will change aligners every 2 weeks. Each set of aligners will gently move your teeth with precision to achieve the ideal smile. Read more about how clear aligners work here.
In a clinical trial, the average SureSmile® treatment time was found to be much shorter than conventional treatment time—about 8 months shorter. In some cases, SureSmile® reduced treatment time up to 31% over conventional treatment. † And that really is something to smile about.
† Sachdeva R, Aranha S, Egan ME, et al. Treatment time: SureSmile® vs Conventional. Orthodontics(Chic.). 2012;13(1):72-85.
The best advice? Take your SureSmile® clear aligners out when you wish to enjoy anything other than water.
While wearing your aligners, please do not:
- Chew gum
- Drink hot, sweet, or colored liquids including clear soda
Take extra care with liquids. Hot liquids like coffee or soup may warp or distort the aligners. Drinking liquids like coffee, tea, wine or any other colored liquid may compromise the invisibility of your aligners.
Products to avoid and why:
- Toothbrush & toothpaste: Can scratch the surface of the aligner and reduce clarity
- Mouthwash: Most mouthwashes contain dyes that can discolor the aligner
- Scented or colored soaps: Can discoloration, cloudiness & leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Hot water: Can potentially soften & distort the aligner
*You should follow the specific directions for use provided with each Retainer Brite product. Never put Retainer Brite Cleaning Tablets or tablet solution in your mouth.
For patients who wish to transition from traditional braces to SureSmile® clear aligners it could be a possibility. Patients who have veneers, crowns or bridgework will have to be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Whatever the scenario, SureSmile’s proprietary software can help you decide the best treatment plan for those who are eligible for SureSmile® treatment. Read about how to straighten teeth without braces here.
SureSmile® represents the gold standard in orthodontic treatment planning to deliver the most precise models in the industry. A study published by the University of Minnesota indicated that SureSmile® CAD models were the most accurately measured.*
By combining high quality appliance fabrication with powerful planning software, SureSmile® aligners provide clinically advanced aligner treatment options. You can treat a full case or simply finish a case with SureSmile®. Either way, you can be sure to get a beautiful smile with SureSmile®.
* Study conducted in 2014. Grünheid, T.; Patel, N.; De FelippeN.; Wey, A; Gaillard, P.; Larson, B: Accuracy, reproducibility, and time efficiency of dental measurements using different technologies. Am. J. Orthod., 157-164
Another option that may make SureSmile® more affordable is specifically through your doctor. Many doctors offer flexible options such as monthly payment plans or financing.
For additional information on using flexible savings accounts (FSA), health savings account (HSA) and additional options that fit your budget, continue reading here.
Once registered, you can immediately begin accessing your digital education modules, personalized support and exclusive educational resources that can only be found at SureSmileU.
*Prices will vary per country globally and the amount quoted above is for US doctors only.
For the most accurate root to crown treatment planning combine digital scanner, Ceph and facial data with CBCT 3D imaging.
If your office already has a CBCT scanner that is approved for SureSmile® compatibility, it will be even more affordable to get started. Review this list to see if your current scanner is approved.
World-class training, virtual or in-person, will be available to you. SureSmile®U is your source to access webinars, KOL special courses, and a best-in-class library of digital modules when it’s convenient for you. A dedicated SureSmile® Clinical Ambassador will also provide you with one-on-one learning, training and staff development.
- SureSmile® is the world’s most robust digital platform and it works with scanners you may already have unlike another major competitor.
- The precision of SureSmile ® software combined with the clinical expertise of the SureSmile® Digital Lab promotes better alignment, greater patient comfort & faster treatment times
- The clinical expertise and technical skill of SureSmile® clinicians and technicians can help expedite your productivity if needed. From clinically advanced digital modeling to treatment planning, the SureSmile® Digital Lab can support you so you can treat more cases.
- With SureSmile® you’re providing the clear way patients are looking to straighten their teeth.
- For many patients, the cost of SureSmile® is similar to the cost of traditional braces. Review all the ways treatment with SureSmile® can be affordable for your patients here.